Winter is upon us! Make sure your home (and you!) make it through comfy and cozy!
Here are 5 key winter home maintenance tips to take care of right away…
- Weatherstripping: Each winter, apply new seals on doors and windows. The summer heat can cause the old ones to crack and pull away from the frames.
- Insulate: You can add a little bit of foam insulation behind light switch and outlet covers to help keep out the cold!
- Thermostat: If you don’t have a programmable thermostat that will adjust to your schedule, set your thermostat to 68 degrees (the most energy-efficient number).
- Humidifier: This will be your best friend when heaters dry out your skin and nasal passages!Water heater: Wrap your water heater in an insulated blanket so it doesn’t have to work as hard. This is a money saver!
- Sunshine: Open the blinds and curtains to let nature’s furnace warm up your home for free!